Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Frequently asked questions

  • We live in different States, will this be problem?

    You can still do your license by mail, as long as you are able to be together for the notarizing of the documents. If this, is not possible then the license by mail would not work for you and you should arrange to attend a local courthouse here in Florida.
  • Where will the license be sent to, after it is complete?

    We do ask that you let us know when returning your documents to us, who and where the license should be sent. If you do not do this, we will automatically send it to the address that paid the payment.
  • How long does this process take?

    Once you have your payment, application form and photo ID (drivers licenses US, Passport Photo Non US), you should receive your documents back in about 5 days via e mail. Should you able to complete the steps in a timely manner – the process can be completed within 4 – 5 weeks. What we find takes the longest is getting everything notarized.
  • How long is the Marriage License Valid?

    Marriage Licenses are valid for 60 days. We try to have your license issued about 50 days before your wedding, so that it expires a couple of days after your wedding, so that should you have to change the date, it does not cause a problem for you.
  • Does my license over the whole State of Florida?

    Yes! your license is valid for the whole State of Florida.
  • If we want our completed license to be sent to us or our coordinator by delivery Service can this be done?

    Yes, we can send completed documents via Fed Ex, you can make this payment on line.

  • I live overseas, can I still do a license by mail?

    Yes!, you can do a license by mail. This will save you time when you arrive and give you more time to do the things you have come to Florida to do!
  • What is included in the cost of the License?

    These costs are for the application process and fee for the courthouse and all administration costs, they do not include any additional fees that you may have to pay to a notary for notarizing your documents.
  • What about weddings licenses issued for over Bank Holiday periods?

    Applications may take longer to be processed over holiday times, you should allow for any holidays when making an application.
  • How old to we have to be to apply for a wedding license by mail?

    You have to be 18 years and old to apply for a marriage license by mail
  • What about weddings licenses issued for over Bank Holiday periods?

    Applications may take longer to be processed over holiday times, you should allow for any holidays when making an application.
  • I was previously married, do you need copies of my decree absolute papers?

    We do not require to see copies of your decree absolutes, however you will be asked to put the date your last marriage ended and the reason on the application form.
  • Once the Marriage License has been issued, and we have received it what happens next?

    The Marriage license should to be given to the Notary or Minister on your wedding day. The Notary or Minister will then be responsible for mailing the Marriage license back to the courthouse to have it recorded. This will become the official Marriage Certificate. This process can take between 4 – 6 weeks and will be mailed back to you.

  • How do we get copies of my marriage license?

    Should you wish to have additional certified copies of their Marriage Certificate, they are $3.00 per copy; this money should be given to the Notary or Minister on your wedding day (cash). The Notary or Minister will enclose the payment with the marriage license in the provided envelope, which he/she will return to the courthouse for recording.

  • How far out and we apply for a marriage license?

    You can apply up to 6 months from your wedding for a wedding license. Even though the license is only valid for 60 days, we take this into account when processing your application, so that when the final issue date is put on your license, it covers your wedding day and a couple of extra days.

  • If we want someone from out of State to marry us, is this possible?

    Here is the statute that governs this issue:

    A minister does not have to register his name with the State of Florida to perform a ceremony in this state. He does have to be ordained as set forth below

    741.07 Persons authorized to solemnize matrimony.

    (1) All regularly ordained ministers of the gospel or elders in communion with some church, or other ordained clergy, and all judicial officers, including retired judicial officers, clerks of the circuit courts, and notaries public of this state may solemnize the rights of matrimonial contract, under the regulations prescribed by law. Nothing in this section shall make invalid a marriage which was solemnized by any member of the clergy, or as otherwise provided by law prior to July 1, 1978.

    (2) Any marriage which may be had and solemnized among the people called “Quakers,” or “Friends,” in the manner and form used or practiced in their societies, according to their rites and ceremonies, shall be good and valid in law; and wherever the words “minister” and “elder” are used in this chapter, they shall be held to include all of the persons connected with the Society of Friends, or Quakers, who perform or have charge of the marriage ceremony according to their rites and ceremonies.

  • We are a same sex couple, can we get married in Florida?

    Absolutely. As of January 6th 2015 same sex marriages licenses are now legally recognized in Florida.

Next Steps…

Ready to order your Florida marriage License by Mail? The next steps are to purchase the service you need that is based on the number of days until your big day then, complete the Marriage application form Have Questions? Click Here: [email protected]